Zorro Means Fox

The exaggerated exaggerations of a daily life.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Law Wars Episode I

I woke in the early morning. It was dark out. My alarm failed me.

It has been dealt with.

I don't tolerate failure from a mechanical robot whose only purpose is to assist me in my waking. So I woke up in darkness half an hour early, listening for the predicted beeping of my alarm, drifting in and out of a comatose sleep. An hour passed before I drifted groggily to look over at the glowing clock on the desk. It shouted out that I was half an hour late.

Wearily I rolled myself out of bed and hit the ground with a thunk. But if I expected sympathy for my pains, all I got was an overenthusiastic dog who spotted a chance to get a few licks in on my face. After I'd managed to fight off the Cerberus, I crawled back to the computer. An assignment I'd left to the last minute and it was due that day. Lucky for me, it wasn't due till 5 and it was only 1000 words.

Now came the race against time as I struggled to: read, comprehend, take notes, and write. All this in six hours. The good news is, I now know the Public/Private divide better than I ever could possibly have known. Bad news is, I'm tired, worn out, and have been going straight out for almost a week.

Yes, the law monster almost got me but I managed to escape. The clamping jaws of the essay tried to bite down on my brain, but with a combination of skill, willpower and caffeine I broke from its clamping vicegrip. It's kinda like that evil enemy that comes in the beginning of the movie and kills the hero's family then comes back at the end of the movie for the final showdown. But it really is more like a serial television show, where the enemy comes back every few episodes for a fight, and one of the two only just manage to escape.

This time I only just got away, but I'll be back, better than ever and for the second showdown.

But I'm sure you guys don't want to read about that.

So anyways, allow me to explain what it means in my About Me section. I claim to be able to shapeshift, transverse dimensions, collect elements, fight evil demons, etc. And you have the right to disbelieve that, or perhaps suspend that disbelief and have a bit of fun reading the stories. Of course, they will be close to real events.

So the first real 'dimension jump' will be sometime this week or next. I'm excited, you're excited, we're all excited. So read on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home