Zorro Means Fox

The exaggerated exaggerations of a daily life.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

A bit of history

I planned to do one of these per day, but it seems it's already 12:40am on the next day, so I guess that fell through. So how are these holidays going now? I have to find some kind of work. It will probably be either one of the many retail places I whored my resume out to, or I'll advertise for tutoring.

I guess if I want to be a writer I'll have to start actually writing into newspapers, competitions, magazines, and things like that. I mean, I'm an alright editor. I have passable grammar. And my writing is good bordering on melodramatic. Starting a blog should help. I find that practicing writing really helps improve it. For example, within three months of joining Galadoria I'd almost doubled my writing skills. And my editing skills. Hell, now I'm a mod on that forum and one of the best RPers. I even won a Tournament on it.

So why haven't I spread my stories around? Problem is, I can't seem to come up with anything original. Back when I used to program games in Multimedia Fusion they'd be excellent platformers, but all based on Commander Keen (bless you, Keen). My art is best when it is an adaptation of something existing already. My stories, likewise, incorporate elements from a range of sources.

Yet I do have some plans for a story. I was thinking... a mix of sci fi and fantasy, perhaps with a bit of crime fiction mixed in there. Although, now that I think of it, adding in the sci fi wouldn't do much. So probably I'd best stick with the fantasy/crime fiction. I've never seen it done before. And the way people lap up crime fiction. Who knows. A literary agent might just love it.

It will involve many myths and mythical creatures. The main character will be a kitsune, because again, I have never seen this done before. Ever. I've been looking through Celia Dart-Thornton's Bitterbynde series (sorry if I didn't get the name right) for some old Celtic myths, looking through Greek myths (Ovid's Metamorphoses), some Egyptian ones. But I have yet to settle on a crime. I'll tell you guys when I find one though.

That's all for now. Please excuse any grammatical mistakes and the overuse of commas and full stops. I wanted to finish this tonight/this morning so I could go to bed.

2 Comments:

At 6:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe your basing anything on the horrible books bt Ms Dat-Thorton. Argh. I hope if you base anything on hers it never hits the shevles her books are terrible.

 
At 10:55 pm, Blogger Foxtale said...

Well, Anonymous, I find her books to be rather impressive. Her language is lyrical, and the myths and legends she bases her books on are well researched. So please keep your ill wishes to yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home